Saturday 23 May 2015

The begining, a very good place to start.

After owning french hot hatches for a while and seeing the scene change to the 'Euro' look, I always fancied a Polo 6n to 'Euro' for fun.

Owning a couple of classic VW's, I decided that although my Beetle (Michelle) is slowly getting there with the restoration/customisation, I wanted to start going to the meets and shows. So it was pretty obvious what was going to happen.

After a search on the VW forums, I found this stock '99 (crossover) 3 door with dodgy bodywork (rear bumper bumped, front wing mashed and lacquer peel all over).







It was never intended to be a daily, although as my current daily is having a couple of engine issues, you never know.

So, the plans;

  • Strip and underseal
  • Full engine service (its a 1000cc so never going to set any speed records)
  • Replace the N/S/F wing
  • Replace the rear bumper (possibly fix) and smooth
  • Remove the badges on the rear and smooth boot
  • Move number plate to rear bumper (and number plate lights)
  • Black roof
  • Rustolium paint the car
  • 14" banded steels
  • Subtle sticker bomb in the interior
  • Tint rear windows
  • Coil overs 
  • Clear side repeaters

The car has been claimed by my 5 year old, she wants to help me fix it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment